The Benefits Of Cone Beam 3 D Imaging
You can enjoy a safer, faster, and more comfortable session for dental x-rays with the Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System.
- Provides a comprehensive 3-D digital image of face and jaw
- Useful for diagnosis of complex dental conditions
- Faster, safer, and more comfortable
Scottsdale Cone Beam 3-D Imaging
CT Scans and Cone Beam Imaging systems generate 3D, high definition x-rays within seconds. The panoramic images are remarkably clear, which helps with diagnosing and treating dental ailments. These scans allow us to quickly assess your dental needs and get you back out enjoying your life in less time than you might expect from traditional imaging equipment.
The health and safety of our patients is our highest priority, which is why we utilize a cone beam imaging system in our office. Unlike traditional x-ray systems, the Cone Beam system produces a very low dose of radiation, thus reducing unnecessary exposure. Some additional benefits of cone beam imaging include:
- Visualize anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or from traditional x-rays
- Create better, more effective treatment plans
- Assess benefits and risk of treatment options
- Analyze the position and orientation of critical structures, such as nerves, prior to the procedure
- Up to 10x less radiation exposure to the patient than traditional x-rays
- Faster scan time (10-40 seconds vs. several minutes)
- Less expensive
The Cone Beam is used in many dental procedures. It can be used to determine a treatment plan for dental implants, helping determine size and placement of the implant. It can also be used to diagnose and treat periodontal disease. Some additional benefits include:
- Implant planning
- Earlier detection of oral infections and tumors
- TMJ analysis
- Airway studies (ie: sleep apnea)
- Impacted teeth
- Periodontal disease
It is important to us that our patients receive the most advanced care possible. We utilize cone beam technology because it gives us a clear view of facial nerves and bone structure, which allows us to plan a customized procedure to protect your nerve endings. Such advanced technology allows us to minimize pain and speed healing!