Pinhole Surgical Technique
Factors That Cause Gum Recession
There are many factors that can cause gum recession. Some of these factors include:
- Periodontal disease
- Genetic predisposition
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Inadequate or insufficient preventive care
- Hormonal fluctuations caused by puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite
- Body piercing in the lip or tongue
The Pinhole Procedure
Treatment for Receding Gums in Scottsdale, AZ
If you have been diagnosed with receding gums, you might already be dreading the possibility of needing gum recession surgery. While many patients have had great success with traditional gum recession surgery, the procedure can be rather invasive in its effectiveness. Now, with a breakthrough technique, you can experience all of the benefits of gum surgery without the discomfort and inconvenience. Dr. Bruce Lachot and Dr. Kent Loo are general dentists offering the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™) to patients suffering from receding gums in Scottsdale, AZ.
PST™ was invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S., and Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo have been trained and certified to provide you with this minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum recession surgery. During the procedure, a very small opening is made in your gum tissue and special instruments are used to loosen and reposition healthy gum tissue to cover the sites of recession. Collagen strips are inserted to aid in healing. With PST™, there is no cutting, stitches, or second surgical site. Many patients are surprised that, in most cases, they can return to their normal daily routine soon after their procedure. PST™ renders immediate cosmetic results and multiple teeth can be treated in one appointment.
Key Benefits of the Pinhole Surgical Technique™
- No bleeding, pain, or inflammation associated with traditional gum recession surgery
- Immediate cosmetic results
- Minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum recession surgery
- No cutting, stitches, or second surgical site
- Fast recovery and healing time
- Multiple teeth can be treated at one appointment
- Restores a healthy beautiful smile
Gingival recession is most often a sign of periodontal disease but can also be brought on by several other factors. Whatever the reason, do not live with the discomfort and embarrassment of receding gums. If you would like to learn more about your options in treatment for receding gums in Scottsdale, AZ, call Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo to schedule your consultation as soon as possible.