Treatment Options for Receding Gums
In order to restore your oral health, you will need to seek professional treatment with Dr. Bruce Lachot & Dr. Kent Loo in Scottsdale, AZ for receding gums.
Gum recession treatment and prevention options include:
- Gum Graft Procedure
- Periodontal Therapy
- Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST)
- Switching to a Soft Bristled or Electric Toothbrush
The Pinhole Procedure
Receding Gums Treatment in Scottsdale, AZ
It is important to pinpoint the cause of your receding gums. Varying causes for receding gums will lead to different treatments and not all treatments include traditional gum surgery. The leading cause of gum recession is periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is a serious oral health condition caused by certain types of oral bacteria that can destroy bone and cause tooth loss. You should seek treatment immediately if you feel you have this condition. Dr. Bruce Lachot and Dr. Kent Loo are general dentists offering receding gums treatment in Scottsdale, AZ.
If you suffer from periodontal disease and have lost gum tissue or bone, this tissue and bone will not grow back. You will need to seek the help of Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo to restore optimal oral health. It is vital that you have your gum disease diagnosed and under control before undergoing gum surgery for receding tissues. With a thorough oral examination, we can diagnose your gum disease, treat it, and educate you on how to prevent further disease and damage of your soft tissue in the future.
Treatment Options for Receding Gums:
- Use a soft bristled or electric toothbrush, combined with proper brushing technique.
- Periodontal therapy: This may include scaling and root planing therapy or the LANAP® laser protocol.
- Gum grafting: Gum surgery involving grafting of soft tissue from another site in the mouth, or from a tissue bank, may be utilized to restore your gum line to a healthier state.
- The Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™): PST™ is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum surgery.
Receding gums can be painful and cause you to be very self-conscious about your smile. Do not live with the pain and embarrassment anymore! Seek treatment to restore your beautiful healthy smile. Call Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo’s office to schedule your consultation in Scottsdale, AZ as soon as possible.