LANAP Laser Treatment
Want to Learn More About LANAP?
Curious to learn more about this revolutionary, state-of-the-art procedure? Click below to download the LANAP Education Pack.
Gum Disease and Your Health
Gum disease has been linked to a variety of health complications including heart disease and low birth-weight babies. Until now the majority of the treatment options available were invasive and painful. LANAP is minimally invasive and does not require the cutting or stitching of the gums!
View The Stages of Gum Disease
Laser Gum Treatment in Scottsdale, AZ
If you have suffered for years with gum disease or have only recently been diagnosed, you may be concerned over your options for treatment. Traditional gum surgery, while effective, can be invasive and time consuming. There is no longer any need to fear or avoid treating your gum disease with the latest technology in periodontal disease treatment! Dr. Bruce Lachot and Dr. Kent Loo are general dentists offering laser gum treatment in Scottsdale, AZ. They are both trained and certified to use the PerioLase® MVP-7™ with the LANAP® laser protocol to treat your periodontal disease!
Periodontal disease is an active bacterial infection in your mouth that not only destroys gum and bone tissue, but has also been shown to increase systemic health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and some forms of cancer. Traditional gum surgery can involve cutting, sewing, and removing healthy gum tissue to remove all of the infection, thus causing gum recession. LANAP® laser treatment was the first FDA cleared laser protocol in use and has proven through case studies to effectively treat moderate to advanced gum disease. It is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum disease surgery with no incisions or sutures!
Key Benefits of LANAP® Treatment:
- Minimal discomfort – No cutting or stitches.
- Faster healing – Enjoy shorter healing time with laser.
- Little or no recession – Healthy gum tissue remains unharmed.
- Less downtime – Return to your daily activities almost immediately.
- Almost no bleeding – Bleeding is controlled with the laser.
- Eliminate diseased tissue – The newest technology of the PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser will target and remove ONLY infected tissue. It leaves healthy tissue intact.
- Save your teeth – Potentially avoid extractions with LANAP® laser treatment.
- Regenerates bone – This is the only protocol scientifically proven to restore bone tissue.
- Safe – LANAP® treatment will not interfere with any other health conditions or medications.
If you have gum disease, you should seek treatment immediately. You no longer have to fear a painful and invasive treatment option! To find out more about the LANAP® laser protocol, call Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo to schedule your consultation in Scottsdale, AZ today.
Watch the LANAP Laser Procedure
Gum Disease Impacts Your Heart Health
“We all think that cholesterol is important to heart disease. The health of your gums is a more important predictor of whether or not you will have a heart attack or not.”
Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., FACS
Director, Cardiovascular Institute
Columbia Medical Center, NYC
ABC News, Good Morning America: December 15, 2008
Gum Disease Treatment in Scottsdale, AZ
Save your teeth without incisions or sutures! Choose the minimally invasive alternative to traditional periodontal surgery with the PerioLase® MVP-7™ and the LANAP® laser protocol. Dr. Bruce Lachot and Dr. Kent Loo are general dentists in Scottsdale, AZ certified to provide their patients with LANAP® treatment.
The LANAP® protocol is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional periodontal surgery and was the first FDA cleared laser protocol to treat gum disease. Histological case studies have shown its ability to reduce pocket depths, regenerate bone, and stabilize the oral environment with a 98 percent success rate at the five year post-op appointment.
The LANAP® Procedure
- Pocket Measurement: Dr. Lachot or Dr. Loo will use a small dental ruler to determine the depths of the pockets surrounding your teeth. The deeper the pocket, the more the tissue and bone have detached from your root.
- Removal of Bacteria with Laser: The PerioLase® MVP-7™ is used to target and remove ONLY diseased tissue and bacteria. It leaves healthy tissue intact. This is minimally invasive when compared with traditional periodontal surgery and more comfortable for the patient.
- Calculus Removal: Ultrasonic scalers are used to remove any calculus, or tartar, deposits on your teeth. The laser will denature the calculus, making removal much easier.
- Laser Creates Clot: The laser is used again at the bottom of the pocket to stimulate soft tissue and bone. The blood produced will coagulate and become sticky to form a barrier that seals around the tooth for a perfect healing environment.
- Tissue Compression: The soft tissue is compressed against the teeth and no stitches are required.
- Bite Adjustment: Dr. Lachot or Dr. Loo will adjust your bite to make sure no area is receiving undo pressure, especially in the areas of bone loss.
LANAP® laser treatment often allows you to save your natural teeth that were once thought hopeless! Periodontal surgery does not have to be uncomfortable and time consuming. If you want to know more about the LANAP® protocol and gum disease treatment in Scottsdale, AZ, call Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo to schedule your consultation today!