Fix Your Bleeding Gums
Why Should You Choose LANAP?
- 24 Hour Recovery Time with Minimal Discomfort
- 98% of Laser Treated Patients Remain Stable After Five Years
- Greater Predictability for Reattachment of Gum Tissue and Bone Regeneration
- Less Time in the Dental Chair
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Decreased Sensitivity and Less Bleeding
- Little to No Gum Recession
Less Pain. Less Discomfort. LANAP.
Periodontal Disease Treatment in Scottsdale, AZ
If you have bleeding gums and have been diagnosed with periodontal disease, gum surgery may have been recommended. You should know all of your options for treating gum disease before undergoing gum surgery. Dr. Bruce Lachot and Dr. Kent Loo are general dentists offering periodontal disease treatment in Scottsdale, AZ. They are both trained and certified to use the PerioLase® MVP-7™ with the LANAP® laser protocol to treat your periodontal disease without the drawbacks of traditional gum surgery.
LANAP® treatment is a minimally invasive alternative to gum disease surgery, and was the first FDA cleared laser protocol to treat gum disease. Histological case studies have shown its ability to reduce pocket depths, regenerate bone, and stabilize the periodontal condition with a 98 percent success rate at the five year post-op appointment.
Key Differences between Traditional Gum Surgery and LANAP® Laser Treatment
- Recession: Traditional surgery requires cutting of healthy gum tissue with a scalpel. Some healthy tissue is removed to get rid of the infection. This can cause unsightly recession and thus tooth sensitivity for the patient. With LANAP® treatment, the laser targets and removes ONLY the infected tissue, leaving healthy tissue intact.
- Pain: Traditional surgery can be uncomfortable and require pain medication and extensive recovery time. Many patients opt out of treatment due to these factors. Patients who receive the LANAP® protocol experience minimal pain and can usually return to their daily activities almost immediately.
- Healing time: With LANAP® treatment, the PerioLase® MVP-7™ kills all of the bacteria and reduces inflammation and bleeding, allowing your body to heal itself naturally.
- Long term results: Traditional gum surgery has been shown to be successful. However, with LANAP® laser treatment, we have more predictable results of bone regeneration and pocket reduction with reattachment of tissue. We can often save teeth that were once thought to be hopeless.
Enjoy the no cut, no sew alternative to traditional gum surgery. To learn more about LANAP® laser treatment and gum surgery options, call Dr. Lachot and Dr. Loo to schedule your consultation in Scottsdale, AZ today.